Day 38 at Home
Staying at home makes us to be more creative. Yes this time I’m gonna share a baking recipe for making mini Castella cake. So castella cake is a soft cake consist of simple ingredients. Without further ado, let’s bakiiing!
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Baking time : 45 minutes
Yield : 6 servings (100 calories per serving)
- 2 egg yolks
- 35gr all purpose flour or cake flour
- 35gr milk (I use low fat milk)
- 35gr unsalted butter
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 35gr sugar
How to Make
- Heat the unsalted butter and milk on the pan, or use microwave to melted the butter with the milk, then mix well with the flour
- Then add the egg yolks into the batter one at a time, mix until smooth then add the vanilla extract
- In other bowl, whisk the egg whites using hand mixer or standing mixer, and gradually add the sugar, it takes about 3 minutes to get the meringue
- Pour the yolks batter into the meringue
- Prepare the muffin tray, put baking paper into the mould
- Put the batter into the muffin tray, then put it in the preheated oven at 150°C for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Please do check your cake regularly while baking
You can serve the cake with honey or icing sugar, it will be more delicate. Enjoy with some tea or coffee in the morning or evening.
I hope you inspired with my recipe, staying at home does not stop your creativity, do something positive. Stay safe and healthy 😊