It’s baking time 😊
Hello again everyone, I can’t wait to share some baking recipe I made recently. Actually, I watched some YouTube videos about making cinnamon rolls, I am inspired by Anna Olson videos of making sticky buns or cinnamon rolls, and here I am sharing you the recipe with different version. So let’s start bakiiing!
Preparation time : 2.5 hours
Baking time : 40 – 45 minutes
- 270gr all purpose flour
- 105ml milk (I use low fat milk with 2% of fat), heat the milk in pan or microwave until it reach 40.5°C or above body temperature)
- 25gr sugar
- 1 medium egg at room temperature
- 30gr unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp or 4gr instant dry yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 1tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 5gr cinnamon
- 70gr brown sugar
Topping sauce :
- 50gr icing sugar
- 5tbsp milk
How to Make
- Put milk, melted butter, sugar and dry yeast into a bowl first, then add egg, flour and salt. Combine all ingredients using mixer or by hand
- It is much easier and faster to use standing mixer, or by hand it will take 15 – 20 minutes to knead. You will get smooth dough just like in the picture, then put in a bowl that has been spread with cooking oil, wrap it, then set aside for 90 minutes in warm temperature. Let the dough rise.
- After 90 minutes, the dough will rise. Turn your dough onto floured surface, and also prepare your rolling pin
- And start rolling your dough into rectangular shape about 35x40cm.
- Then start to use the filling ingredients by spreading the melted butter onto the dough evenly until it covers the dough surface.
- Then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture evenly
- Roll up the dough from the longer side, then cut it into 6 pieces
- Put the dough into prepared pan, then cover it with plastic wrap or towel, let it rise for an hour
- After risen for an hour, release the plastic wrap and preheat the oven to 175°C, bake the cinnamon rolls for 40 to 45 minutes.
- If you want to serve it in the morning, you can keep it in the fridge and bake the cinnamon rolls in cold oven with 175°C setting temperature for 45 minutes. Make sure you always check the oven so that your cinnamon does not burn. In the first try, I burnt my cinnamon and it became harden.
- Serve the cinnamon rolls with topping sauce on it
- This recipe is for 6 pieces of cinnamon rolls
It’s quite long steps to make this cinnamon rolls, and this was my second attempt to make this cinnamon rolls. As I said that in the first try, I burnt the cinnamon and it became hard to eat. So please make sure to check your oven temperature and your timing. Yes it needs plenty of time to make this recipe but it is quite fun and refreshing. And I always enjoying the process.
I hope you can also try this recipe, feel free to leave comments and suggestions here. Thank you for visiting my blog, stay safe and healthy guys 😊